The Hey Clinic welcomes new patients of all ages with spinal disorders. Although Dr. Hey has performed nearly 6,000 surgeries of varying complexities during his career, the Hey Clinic currently only accepts patients with one of the following diagnoses:Policy-Brochure-060116.pdf
- Scoliosis – a side-to-side curvature of the spine producing an “S” or “C” shape
- Kyphosis – (kyphoscoliosis) an exaggerated curve that causes a rounded or hunched back
- Spondylolisthesis – a condition that happens when a vertebrae slides forward or backward over the vertebrae below it
- Disk Herniation-a condition where contents of the disc go beyond its normal borders.
- Spinal Stenosis- a condition where the nerves in your spinal canal and/or the sides where the nerves exit the spinal canal are unable to send signals properly due to tightening (stenosis) around them.
The Hey Clinic does not require a referral and files insurance as a professional courtesy to our patients. In an attempt to better deter medical identity theft, we require that photo ID and updated insurance cards be presented upon arrival at each visit. All copayments are expected to be paid at time of service. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards.
Below is a listing of insurance plans with which we are currently in-network. This list is subject to change. If patients have questions regarding their insurance policy, we ask that they contact their insurance provider prior to their initial visit.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (except Blue Medicare, Blue Value and POS)
- Cigna Healthcare
- Wellpath/Coventry Healthcare
- Great West
- Duke Select
- First Health
- Medicaid (under the age of 18)
- United Healthcare
We are happy to file to insurances with which we are out-of-network. However, any resulting expenses that are billed may be filed under your out-of-network benefits.
We wish to make your care as affordable as possible; therefore, the Hey Clinic offers a self-pay discounted rate of 25% off our regular fees. If you chose this option, the visit will not be filed to your insurance.
Unfortunately we do not accept new patients who are currently in open litigation due to motor vehicle accidents or workers’ compensation cases.
When you have patients you would like to send to the Hey Clinic, we are happy to coordinate care with you.
To refer your patient, please go online and use our Express Appointment Request at the top right of our website or fax the following information to 919-926-1163:
- Insurance Information
- Last Clinic Note (with noted spinal disorder)
- Any Imaging Studies and Radiology Reports
Once we receive this information, we will contact the patient to schedule an appointment. Afterward, we will notify you of the anticipated appointment date and time. After we see the patient, we will forward a copy of the clinic notes and images from the visit for your records. Thank you!
Hey Clinic Referral Form