Please Note-as of Monday 4/23/2018 we will be in our new office!
We are so excited to be opening a full service clinic offering a full range of diagnostic and treatment options.
We will now be located on the other side of Duke Raleigh Hospital campus, Medical Office building 6. Our address is 3320 Wake Forest Road Suite 450, Raleigh NC 27609
We look forward to taking care of you and your loved ones in our new space-feel free to stop by and check us out!
The Hey Clinic welcomes new patients of all ages with spinal disorders. The primary diagnoses that we offer treatment options for include:
- Scoliosis – a side-to-side curvature of the spine producing an “S” or “C” shape
- Kyphosis – (kyphoscoliosis) an exaggerated curve that causes a rounded or hunched back
- Spondylolisthesis – a condition that happens when a vertebrae slides forward or backward over the vertebrae below it
- Disk Herniation-a condition where contents of the disc go beyond its normal borders.
- Spinal Stenosis- a condition where the nerves in your spinal canal and/or the sides where the nerves exit the spinal canal are unable to send signals properly due to tightening (stenosis) around them.
In order to triage new patients appropriately for these diagnoses, we ask for recent clinic notes and any radiology reports (if imaging has been completed) from another physician’s practice. This might include notes from primary care physician, pediatrician, other orthopedist, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc.
The Hey Clinic files insurance as a professional courtesy to our patients. In an attempt to better deter medical identity theft, we require that photo ID and updated insurance cards be presented upon arrival at each visit. All co-payments are expected to be paid at time of service. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. Please note that some insurance companies do require a special authorization to either see a specialist or to go out-of-network.
Below is a listing of insurance plans with which we are currently in-network. This list is subject to change. If patients have questions regarding their insurance policy, we ask that they contact their insurance provider prior to their visit. The insurance carrier will have the most up-to-date provider listings including details on narrow networks and how they work.
- Aetna (except Duke Select & Innovations)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (except Blue Medicare, Blue Value, Blue Local and POS)
- Cigna Healthcare (except Cigna Connect)
- Wellpath/Coventry Healthcare
- Great West
- First Health
- Medicaid (under the age of 21)
- Medicare – traditional only
- United Healthcare (UHC Compass requires authorization)
We are happy to file to insurances with which we are out-of-network. However, any resulting expenses that are billed may be filed under your out-of-network benefits.
We wish to make your care as affordable as possible; therefore, the Hey Clinic offers a self-pay discounted rate of 25% off our regular fees. If you chose this option, the visit will not be filed to your insurance.
Unfortunately we do not accept new patients who are currently in open litigation due to motor vehicle accidents, accidental injuries, or workers’ compensation cases.
When you have patients you would like to send to the Hey Clinic, we are happy to coordinate care with you.
To refer your patient, please go online and use our Express Appointment Request at the top right of our website or fax the following information to 919-926-1163:
- Insurance Information
- Last Clinic Note (with noted spinal disorder)
- Any Imaging Studies and Radiology Reports
Once we receive this information, we will contact the patient to schedule an appointment. Afterward, we will notify you of the anticipated appointment date and time. After we see the patient, we will forward a copy of the clinic notes and images from the visit for your records. Thank you!
Hey Clinic Referral Form